Tuesday, April 30, 2024

April 25, 2009

"Outgrowing things we love is never a pleasant process"--Emily of New Moon


Dreamed of reflecting that the Maginot Line worked on its own terms but diverted money that would have been better spent on tanks; that despite all the frustrations of doing my Ph.D. thesis, I wish I could do another one.


Went with the Walking Meetup along Cedarvale Ravine.  Julie was pleased that I knew the area and all 15 people showed up. (The weather was excellent:  I wore my spring jacket for the first time, and ended up carrying it!) We were going to have ice cream at Dutch Dreams, but it isn't on summer hours yet and wasn't open.  A few of us went further, along the Nordheimer Ravine.


Dinner was lobster rolls.


Went to a DBE games night at a Pantages Tower recreation room.  First I played the trading game Pit for the first time, but I'm no good at it. (You have to think on your feet really quick.) Then I played Settlers of Catan for the first time.  Once you get into the strategizing, it's really captivating!  I didn't do that well in points, but I still feel proud that I built three of the five cities.


Finished Emily of New Moon.  I'm tempted to term it L.M. Montgomery's masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment