Monday, May 13, 2019

March 31, 2004

Leslie Howard: "I thought you'd never come!"--Intermezzo

We drove over to Hollywood Canteen and rented six videos for the next week.  I also picked up the book Dick Tracy:  America's Most Famous Detective.

Went out and renewed my Canadian Opera Company subscription.  I also subscribed to the Mirvish theatre season. (They're showing six plays, including A Couple of Blaguards, the two-man show that Frank and Malachy McCourt originated.)

Dinner was salmon.

Saw the video of Intermezzo, a melodrama about violinist Leslie Howard leaving his wife for accompanist Ingrid Bergman. (Since this was the 1930s, he returns to his wife in the end.) A piece of laughable hokum, overdone and shameless--especially the family dog!  I again felt sleepy as I was watching it.

Was in bed by 20:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment